January 24th, 2013 · Games
I have found a solution to this issue that doesn’t seem to be listed on the official support page. I sent them a form thingy to add it, but regardless I think I will post it here too in order to get it spidered by Google.
First, check out that page and make sure you’ve tried the solutions listed, especially unplugging the power supply for 90 seconds. You probably don’t need to do it that long, but unplug both ends and let it sit anyway.
If it still won’t power on when you plug everything back in, unplug the power cable from the Wii, and then unplug your video cable. Plug the power cable back in and power on. If it works, plug the video cable back in.
This probably hit me due to having a weird setup with a third-party Wii->DVI cable (which surprisingly handles 720p, but it’s also a PS3->DVI cable too) and a DVI KVM switch, plus my dad was fiddling with live electrical wiring on the same circuit-thing today. So yeah.
Anyway that might help someone else, maybe.
Addendum: I just hit this problem again, with the official HDMI cable this time. Not sure how it resolved this time, but I would check ventilation to ensure the unit is not sitting on a carpet and to let it sit, plugged in, overnight.
Tags:red light·troubleshooting·video cable·wii u
June 28th, 2012 · Website
Tags:lack of posting
Also I released a new extension in the Chrome Web Store today. It was ready last weekend but for some reason I had problems uploading it. Check it out!
I will probably update my One Number extension this weekend; can’t load my unpacked trunk onto my netbook!
Grab from the projects page. Fixed DefaultData and Portable Passwords, new versions of Chrome.
It takes FOREVER for me just to update the Chrome versions. I need to make some scripts or something for next time.
Not just a version bump this time, but mostly small changes. I’m experimenting with Chrome SxS mode which disables the “default browser” feature (so, ideal for GCP) and uses some different registry keys I have to hook. Strangely if I don’t hook the non-Chrome-SxS keys too, Chrome breaks, so I have to hook them all. Oh well.
[Edit: Fixed a missing file in Stable and Canary.] [Read more →]
Tags:chrome·dr. pencil·extension·google·Portable Apps·projects
Spent a good chunk of time figuring out Wine no longer has this baked in, but I figured if I could just find a Windows app that accesses the shortcut API I could get it to work.
This command line app fits the bill perfectly. You might have to direct the shortcut to your desktop (“C:\\Users\\<linux user name>\\Desktop\\shortcutname.lnk”), not sure if Wine will create the .desktop file otherwise. When it’s done you’ll have to delete the .lnk but your .desktop file, icon-ready, will be there!
I got ScribeFire for Chrome so hopefully I can remember post more often on mah blag. I’ve been too tired from programming with my job to really work on One Number as much as I’d want. I do have free time but I usually just feel like playing Team Fortress 2.
I have done most of the framework for the core. Most recently I added desktop notifications… they only show counts though. Maybe I can eventually have services actually read summaries of unread items (currently all services could do this easily except my Google Reader class) and show them in notifications. But that won’t be for the next version.
Next I need to work on audio notifications (a user-defined audio file to play when you get new messages), a few bug fixes, and then I can move on to new services like Twitter, Buzz, Google Calender, and maybe more.
Also a nice guy named Joris Van Hecke sent me a French translation. I’ll have to have him update it with new strings for the next release, but this means French users will be able to install the “Seul Numéro”* extension!
* – Actually he left the name “One Number” but I like the way Google Translate makes it sound!
Tags:Buzz·Extensions·French·google·Google Calender·Google Chrome·one number·ScribeFire·Twitter
I have been quite inactive lately and I apologize. New job takes up lots of time, the rest of the time all I feel like doing is Team Fortress 2…
But right now here’s what I’ve been working on:
- One Number is moving along, I have made a new framework that allows for much greater control over enabled/disabled services. Just have to add a few features and a few new services and the next version will be done. I may work on this some this weekend.
- New version of Google Chrome Portable to bump version numbers of the downloaded Google Chrome. (Links below)
- I found a bunch of my apps don’t work properly on 64-bit machines, I hacked together a quick fix for a couple but AppCompactor still crashes randomly when you try to compact more than one item (help in tracking this down would be welcome). For a workaround right now you can try using this tool to force 32-bit mode on any of my apps that are crashing in 64-bit. For EasyScreenshot.net you can just disable PrintScreen emulation to work around it.
Now for GCP downloads: