Mega-ZBlog

You are here.

Mega-ZBlog header image

New Chrome Portable, New Chrome Extension

September 11th, 2010 · 8 Comments · Google Chrome Extensions, PortableApps

Not just a version bump this time, but mostly small changes. I’m experimenting with Chrome SxS mode which disables the “default browser” feature (so, ideal for GCP) and uses some different registry keys I have to hook. Strangely if I don’t hook the non-Chrome-SxS keys too, Chrome breaks, so I have to hook them all. Oh well.

[Edit: Fixed a missing file in Stable and Canary.]

I also built a version for Chrome Canary itself (which is what Chrome SxS mode was made for) so you can try Google Chrome Portable with a bleeding edge build. Won’t help with my irregular update schedule I’m afraid, lol.

I also made another Chrome extension for fun, check it out.  I got a lot accomplished this weekend, so back to One Number work for me.  Maybe I can get a new build out soon, I might just push out what I have as 1.5 without any updates to services (supported websites) before working on new and updated services for 2.0.

Tags: ·····

8 responses so far ↓

• 1 Popein // Sep 21, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Maybe adding an option to check Gmail priority inbox unread number instead of the standard inbox unread mails?

• 2 CJones // Nov 9, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Could you add an option to not show the popup in onenumber when it checks for updates? it’s very troublesome in osx.

• 3 carlosj // Nov 13, 2010 at 6:05 am

could you add google buzz support to onenumber?

• 4 George Fragos // Nov 14, 2010 at 7:02 pm

I keep getting the following error despite the fact that Gmail is functioning properly. I did recently change my Gmail password but I don’t know if that was the cause. I tried uninstalling and installing but that didn’t help. OneNumber message and Chrome version follow:

Gmail – Unable to check status.
    Unknown server response. (Visit site?)

Google Chrome 8.0.552.200 (Official Build 65749) beta
    WebKit 534.10
    V8 2.4.9.13
    User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/8.0.552.200 Safari/534.10
    Command Line /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome –flag-switches-begin –flag-switches-end

• 5 anon4true // Nov 25, 2010 at 9:35 am

hey dan please continue the dev for one number, it rocks!

• 6 Matt Algren // Nov 26, 2010 at 8:37 pm

Love One Number. Chrome should ship with that extension. Any plans to change the services, especially now that Google is dropped Wave at the end of the year?

• 7 pat // Dec 19, 2010 at 8:06 am

hi,

it looks like you changed the behaviour of the plugin from displaying the unread mail count in inbox to displaying unread mail count in the whole gmail account. as i deliberately filter some unread mails into other folders for later reading i prefer the old method, maybe as an option?

PAT

• 8 Eyal // Feb 7, 2011 at 9:50 am

Hi,

I am trying to create an NSIS config file that will install my extension to the proper folder in Chrome.
    it would be great if you could share this with me,
    if you could email it to me to eyalfishler@gmail.com i would appreciate.

Thanks.